16 TIMES GREENERY TAUGHT US IMPORTANT LIFE LESSONS
Whether you loved it or hated it, there's no denying that 2017 was a game changer. We had so many ground shattering developments in the political scene, in technology, and in our society in general. Can you believe that Bitcoin, the world's largest bank, has no actual cash? Or that Uber, the world's largest taxi company, owns no vehicles? How about that Airbnb, the world's largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate? The list goes on and on! For better or worse, our world is becoming a virtual reality. Perhaps the choice of Greenery as color of the year is a reflection of these changes, a subconscious yearning for a return to the tangible, and the natural. A fresh start for this new age!
1. Greenery shows us how to take the spotlight in a graphic black and white space via Sea of Atlas.
2. This vivid version of the shade demonstrates the merging of commercial and residential this year, with beautiful restaurants and hotels popping up everywhere. Via South Shore Decorating.
3. Greenery takes on a rich jewel tone in this bold use of the color via We Are Scout.
4. Lightened with some blush and airy florals, greenery shows its romantic side here in this space by Studio McGee.
5. The vibrant shade refuses to be limited to living spaces, as demonstrated by Justina Blakeny's bathroom.
6. Greenery gave us the courage to plaster our walls in banana leaf print and never look back. Via My Domaine.
7. Greenery showed us how to transcend boundaries and be trendy and timeless, as in this kitchen by DeVOL. All the heart eyes.
8. The strong shade taught us that hip industrial doesn't have to mean no color. Via My Domaine.
9. Even in small doses, the energy brought to the space is evident. Via SF Girl By Bay.